Re: [RESEND] benet: BladeEngine 10Gb NIC driver

From: Jeff Garzik
Date: Mon Nov 03 2008 - 15:42:47 EST

Greg KH wrote:
On Mon, Nov 03, 2008 at 02:52:07PM -0500, Jeff Garzik wrote:
Greg KH wrote:
On Mon, Nov 03, 2008 at 04:25:12AM -0800, Subbu Seetharaman wrote:
If we could get more specific feedback about the areas that require
cleanup, we can take care of them quickly. Since the last posting, we have brought up the driver in a PPC system
and fixed some endianness issues. As soon as I have some specific
feedback, we can update the driver with these fixes as well.

Please let me know as soon as the driver is in the staging area.
Does someone have a pointer to the driver, so that we can see what is
needed to be done?
It was in my email :) Repeating,

The 'benet' branch of
git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/jgarzik/netdev-2.6.git

It should be suitable for pulling directly into staging.

Hm, call me extreemly stupid, but I don't see anything in that branch
for this driver.

Here's what I did:
git fetch git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/jgarzik/netdev-2.6.git benet master:jeff
git checkout jeff

Even looking around at this tree with 'gitk --all' I don't see anything.
So what did I do wrong here?

Well, the commit has been there long enough to mirror out, and show up on the web interface:

http://git.kernel.org/?p=linux/kernel/git/jgarzik/netdev-2.6.git;a=shortlog;h=benet

therefore I am guessing there is some git user error here... but I could not say what, since I am unfamiliar with your style of git invocation.

I would recommend creating a new branch, or switching to an existing one, and then pulling into it. Pulling from a branch always works in my experience, and that's what I've been doing since git was first written.

URL=git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/jgarzik/netdev-2.6.git
git checkout -b tmp master
git pull $URL benet

Regards,

Jeff