2.6.28 regression? LCD display inactive after reboot on Toshiba Portege 4000

From: Andrey Borzenkov
Date: Mon Nov 03 2008 - 08:01:22 EST

I had this every now and then before but right now I consistently
have the issue after reboot under 2.6.28-rc2 and emergency reboot
(SysRq-B) under rc3 (emergency because I cannot get past creating
devices in initrd - it just hangs there).

After reboot display is empty; I have to use hot key (Fn-F5 in this
case to reactivate LCD again).

As I said the problem was always there, just happened very infrequently.
I am use BIOD reboot method because ACPI leaves keyboard disabled.

Any idea?