Re: ath5k gets lost with eeepc-laptop removal

From: Matthew Garrett
Date: Sun Nov 02 2008 - 04:23:55 EST

On Fri, Oct 31, 2008 at 08:35:47PM +0200, Nick Kossifidis wrote:

> It doesn't leave the radio in a state that's not transmitting, it
> leaves the card in a state that doesn't get any power at all. I don't
> see any reason for this, how do you define "safe" ?

The rfkill core has no concept of what the underlying hardware
implementation is. The fact that you can see the card at all is a bug
triggered by the fact that we don't currently support PCIe hotplug on
this type of machine (I've just sent a patch that adds a workaround for
that), but the inherent reason for it happening this way is because Asus
implemented it that way in their platform.

--
Matthew Garrett | mjg59@xxxxxxxxxxxxx