Re: eeepc-laptop rfkill, stupid question #4 and 5

From: Henrique de Moraes Holschuh
Date: Sat Nov 01 2008 - 23:46:40 EST

On Fri, 31 Oct 2008, Matthew Garrett wrote:
> > Actually, normal boot doesn't preserve the setting either. Your commit
> > changes the behaviour from the rfkill state being persistent across
> > reboot / power off (as a bios setting), to being always enabled on
> > boot. It seems like a bad idea to me.
>
> This is the behaviour of the rfkill core.

When you don't use rfkill_set_default(). Which, if you are a platform
driver, and your platform can store state across power off, you should use.

Yeah, it is a new thing, sort of. But it is in mainline already, so feel
free to use it. The right way to do it is to call it BEFORE doing any
rfkill_register or rfkill_allocate. Only the first caller for a given
rfkill type, wins.

Henrique Holschuh