Re: staging: me4000 and relation to other data acquisition devices

From: Richard Holden
Date: Wed Oct 29 2008 - 20:46:34 EST

On Oct 29, 2008, at 6:37 PM, J.R. Mauro wrote:

On Wed, Oct 29, 2008 at 2:57 PM, Moritz Muehlenhoff <jmm@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Greg KH wrote:
Of course, if someone doesn't want their code in the staging tree, I
will not add it, that's just being "nice".

As for what I will not put into staging, right now I'm sticking with
drivers only, no filesystems (people have asked already). I don't think
we have seen any drivers that I will not put into the staging tree yet.

Hi Greg,
Great effort with staging, thanks a lot!

I've had a look at the out-of-tree kernel drivers currently present
in Debian, maybe you want to merge some into staging. The Debian
overview pages contain download links (the orig.tar.gz files):

Voicetronix telephony hardware:
http://packages.qa.debian.org/v/vpb-driver.html
http://www.voicetronix.com.au/

I'm working on the Quicknet IXJ driver currently and I could take this driver too if it would help.
Cheers,
Moritz

Greg,

If you're interested in having the above drivers get into staging and
need someone to email the developers about it, I humbly volunteer.

~J.R.

I guess I just volunteered to maintain the telephony drivers, though I'm still getting used to git. I'll send a Maintainers patch later today.

-Richard Holden