Re: Bug in workqueues [was: Usb devices randomly aren't detectedwith 2.6.28-rc1-git1]

From: Linus Torvalds
Date: Sun Oct 26 2008 - 14:22:20 EST

On Sun, 26 Oct 2008, Rafael J. Wysocki wrote:

> OK, I've closed bug #11853 with this assumption. Mikko, if it happens again
> with 2.6.28-rc1-git3 or later, please reopen.

Note: I tried to find Mikko's config, but zlin.dk times out. So I cannot
check that he actually has CONFIG_HOTPLUG_CPU off, which is probably
required to actually trigger the bug.

But it does sound likely.

However, the "Thunderbird crashes out for me" thing in that same thread
may be totally unrelated.

Linus