Re: [PULL] module, param and stop_machine patches

From: Linus Torvalds
Date: Sat Oct 25 2008 - 19:11:25 EST

On Sat, 25 Oct 2008, Linus Torvalds wrote:

> -early_initcall(stop_machine_init);
> +core_initcall(stop_machine_init);

Btw, this obviously implies that all stop_machine() users had better be
later in the boot sequence.

And no, I didn't check that exhaustively. There's the tracing
infrastructure, and it's also core_initcall(), but it should be linked
later. And module loading will happen later. mm/page_alloc.c has special
code for bootup, and intel-rng.c should be a normal driver.

So it _should_ be ok. But I really didn't test. And my default kernel
config doesn't even have CONFIG_STOP_MACHINE enabled, so I'm not the best
person to test.

Linus