Re: Release of Atheros 802.11n USB Linux driver

From: Luis R. Rodriguez
Date: Thu Oct 23 2008 - 19:38:01 EST

On Tue, Oct 21, 2008 at 7:04 PM, Luis R. Rodriguez
<lrodriguez@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> We would like to see our Atheros 802.11n USB Linux driver upstream
> however we need help with this so we are releasing our Atheros 11n USB
> Otus Linux driver under the ISC to the community. The goal is to work
> with the community to help move this forward upstream. We are hoping
> for community help and leadership on this (*cough*).
>
> In the meantime users should be able to use this driver and patches
> are welcomed to add newer wireless extension support so users on newer
> kernels can get their devices working. The focus should be upstream
> though :)

So for those of you who want to know which devices to buy

Dlink
* DWA-160A1

Netgear
* WNDA3100
* WN111v2

TP-Link
* TL-WN821N

We now have on the wiki for the driver too, to help followup progress
on development for this driver.

http://wireless.kernel.org/en/users/Drivers/otus

Luis