Re: Framebuffer issues in 2.6.26 with uvesafb and vesafb. Linux is about choice!

From: Robert Moss
Date: Thu Oct 23 2008 - 07:21:22 EST

I also want to note, that I downloaded 2.6.27.3 and compiled, with
CONFIG_FB_VESA=Y, and still get excactly the same response as from
2.6.26

Thank you for the quick reply, I'm glad to hear that everything is
still supposed to work ^_^.
Ok on both 2.6.24 AND 2.6.26, i get the same thing from vga=ask then scan,
0 F00 80x25
1 F01 80x50
2 F02 80x43
3 F03 80x28
4 F05 80x36
5 F06 80x36
6 F07 80x60

Please select a number

and on 2.6.26 with vga=791 it says

Screen unavailable [or not found, im not sure] 317. (which i believe
is 0x317 = 791)