Re: [patch 00/17] 2.6.27-stable review

From: Josh Boyer
Date: Wed Oct 22 2008 - 21:01:43 EST

On Sat, Oct 18, 2008 at 11:33:34AM -0700, Greg KH wrote:
>This is the start of the stable review cycle for the 2.6.27.3 release.
>There are 17 patches in this series, all will be posted as a response
>to this one. If anyone has any issues with these being applied, please
>let us know. If anyone is a maintainer of the proper subsystem, and
>wants to add a Signed-off-by: line to the patch, please respond with it.
>
>These patches are sent out with a number of different people on the
>Cc: line. If you wish to be a reviewer, please email stable@xxxxxxxxxx
>to add your name to the list. If you want to be off the reviewer list,
>also email us.

>Anything received after that time might be too late.

OK, I realize I'm late. Apologies in advance for that.

I don't see how patches 3, 16, and 17 really fit into the "stable"
rules. None of them:

"... fix a problem that causes a build error (but not for things
marked CONFIG_BROKEN), an oops, a hang, data corruption, a real
security issue, or some "oh, that's not good" issue. In short,
something critical."

So, are we being a bit more lax on the requirements for the
-stable kernels and I missed the memo, or?

josh