Re: Regression in 2.6.27-git from commit 43ac2ca3840f64

From: Jean Tourrilhes
Date: Wed Oct 22 2008 - 14:00:41 EST

On Wed, Oct 22, 2008 at 07:06:29PM +0200, Johannes Berg wrote:
> On Wed, 2008-10-22 at 09:47 -0700, Larry Finger wrote:
>
> > When a utility starts spitting messages that it doesn't understand what the
> > kernel is providing _AND_ the commit message does not mention that this will
> > happen, can someone be blamed for thinking it is a bug?
>
> Heh, no, not really. It was fairly obvious us, but I guess we were just
> routine-blinded.
>
> > Clearly this is not a regression. Are there plans to update the wireless utilities?
>
> I suspect it could just be made to ignore them. Or skip a select few,
> but obviously it will never be able to parse all of them...
>
> johannes

Hi,

If you want me to understand what it's about, you may want to
give me a bit more context.
Alternatively, just send me a patch for Wireless Tools, and
I'll put it in the next release. Wireless Tools is still maintained
and I still do releases, even if I don't put much cycles into it.
Have a great day...

Jean