Re: Issue with e1000

From: Andy Lutomirski
Date: Wed Oct 22 2008 - 08:53:58 EST

Felipe Contreras wrote:
Hi,

I've been trying 2.6.27 and 2.6.27.2, and I haven't been able to use
the e1000 module.

I let my system handle the networking, Network Manager in Fedora 9,
but I also tried this:
ifup eth0
Device eth0 does not seem to be present, delaying initialization.

The module is not loaded automatically so I'm loading it myself,
nothing happens.

I'm also trying this:
modprobe e1000 debug=16

I see nothing special:
Intel(R) PRO/1000 Network Driver - version 7.3.20-k3-NAPI
Copyright (c) 1999-2006 Intel Corporation.

Am I missing something?

Depending which hardware you have, you may need to use e1000e instead.

http://lwn.net/Articles/278016/

--Andy