Re: [RFC] CRIS: Move header files from include to arch/cris

From: Bryan Wu
Date: Tue Oct 21 2008 - 22:40:10 EST

Jesper Nilsson wrote:
On Tue, Oct 21, 2008 at 07:46:18PM +0200, Mike Frysinger wrote:
On Tue, Oct 21, 2008 at 12:42, Jesper Nilsson <jesper.nilsson@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
That means that the machine dependent header files are moved to
arch/cris/mach-{fs,a3}/include, while the common and architecture
dependent files are moved to arch/cris/include.

It is mainly this I'd like some input on, since most other ports
that have moved their header files have put all headers in arch/*/include.
that seems like a fairly obvious good idea to me ... i'm thinking we
should do it for Blackfin as well ...

I'm still not decided, my main reason for following Blackfin and ARM
was that it seemed good to collect all mach-specific files in one place
in the tree.

However, keeping them in the same place makes it easy to grep through,
something I use quite frequently.

For grepping, just use "find arch/blackfin -name *.h | xargs grep ......."
I think is ok for you, though "grep -r xxxx arch/blackfin/include" is more simple.

-Bryan