Re: [Lguest] lguest: unhandled trap

From: Jeremy Fitzhardinge
Date: Mon Oct 20 2008 - 03:44:22 EST

Ingo Molnar wrote:
i think Xen can withstand DMI scanning just fine.

without having seen any background, my general feeling is that lguest should either do what Xen does and reserve the classic BIOS ranges that we probe - or we should make DMI scanning more robust by making sure real RAM ranges are never probed. (only ranges that the BIOS itself marks as reserved in the e820 map)

We considered doing that, but decided that there was so many other pieces of code around the place that assume that the ISA area is special, that just reserving it was the best course of action.