status of the ext3/jbd error handling enhancement patches

From: Hidehiro Kawai
Date: Mon Oct 20 2008 - 00:26:45 EST

Hi Andrew,

Thank you for pushing my ext3/jbd to Linus. But some of patches
in -mm (following three patches) haven't been sent to Linus.

#jbd-fix-error-handling-for-checkpoint-io.patch: double-check this
jbd-fix-error-handling-for-checkpoint-io.patch
ext3-add-checks-for-errors-from-jbd.patch
jbd-test-bh_write_eio-to-detect-errors-on-metadata-buffers.patch

They improve filesystem corruption problem and it is needed by
mission critical systems.

Could you tell me what is your concern (you commented, "double-check
this") ? Are there something that I can help? For example, I can
provide some SystemTap scripts to help tests.

Thank you,
--
Hidehiro Kawai
Hitachi, Systems Development Laboratory