Re: [ANNOUNCE] iommu-2.6.git tree

From: FUJITA Tomonori
Date: Sun Oct 19 2008 - 23:38:18 EST

On Sun, 19 Oct 2008 23:23:27 +0200
Joerg Roedel <joro@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Sun, Oct 19, 2008 at 02:21:14PM +0100, David Woodhouse wrote:
> > I thought you and Thomas were working together, and I spoke to Thomas
> > about it during the Kernel Summit. Unless I'm very much mistaken, he
> > agreed that it makes sense to have a separate, real, git tree for
> > cross-platform IOMMU-related work.
>
> Is there any cross-platform IOMMU-related work outside the Intel IOMMU
> development?

IA64 and PARISC uses the same IOMMU hardware but they duplicate the
driver for them (the drivers are very similar). Calgary and POWER also
have similar IOMMU drivers. But I don't think it's worth merging them.

Unless a new cross-platform IOMMU git tree handles DMA-API changes,
there is no point in having such new tree. There is very little
non-architecture-specific IOMMU stuff.