Re: [git pull] agp patches for 2.6.28-rc1.

From: Keith Packard
Date: Sun Oct 19 2008 - 22:19:35 EST

On Mon, 2008-10-20 at 03:58 +0200, Andres Freund wrote:

> Its basically only this, right?

Yup.

> Barring that I have absolutely idea about the code and all related stuff, do I
> see it correct, that this also will result in problems if the kernel doesn't
> have the related fix?

Yes, on this hardware, the kernel is smashing the last few stolen
entries with a bad value, so running a new driver against an old kernel
will fail as well. There's not a lot we can do about this direction
though; until we have all of this hardware management in one place,
we're stuck trying to synchronize fixes across two code bases.

> If its really only a that small portion of hardware... At least the T500/T400
> series, containing the same hw as mine, from Lenovo propably is not yet really
> wide spread (Laptop is 4weeks old or so and wasn't available before).

I haven't even received my x200s yet as they've just entered production.
The problem here was that the prototype hardware had a different
behavior than what is now shipping, so we didn't catch this mistake
until the first production machines were tested.

If you care to try the above fix against your current driver sources,
that would be helpful for us.

--
keith.packard@xxxxxxxxx