Re: e1000e EEPROM corruption

From: Pierre Ossman
Date: Sat Oct 18 2008 - 13:06:35 EST

On Fri, 17 Oct 2008 15:59:10 +0200
Karsten Keil <kkeil@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> so after this ugly bug is finally fixed, here maybe left some victims of
> this bug.
>
> If here is still sombody who need help to recover from this issue,
>
> I can probably help him, I successful recovered all machines on our side,
> even one which do not longer show the NIC via lspci, so the only restiction
> is, that the machine still boots and we have a NVM image of a similar
> machine.
> You should know the PCI ids of the NIC from the time before it crashed and
> the MAC address.

I need some assistance here. Machine is a Thinkpad R61 and the device
has fallen off the bus. It used to be at 00:19.0:

00:19.0 Ethernet controller: Intel Corporation 82566DC Gigabit Network Connection (rev 03)

I can get my hands on a NVM image from an identical machine during the
week.

Rgds
--
-- Pierre Ossman

Linux kernel, MMC maintainer http://www.kernel.org
rdesktop, core developer http://www.rdesktop.org

WARNING: This correspondence is being monitored by the
Swedish government. Make sure your server uses encryption
for SMTP traffic and consider using PGP for end-to-end
encryption.