Re: appletouch regression

From: Sven Anders
Date: Sat Oct 18 2008 - 10:06:46 EST

Steven Noonan schrieb:
> It seems that the appletouch driver is (sporadically) not detecting my
> Apple Trackpad anymore on Linus' current tree (2.6.27-05577-g0cfd810).
> When it is misbehaving, it doesn't have any /dev/input/event* entry
> that corresponds to the input from appletouch, and dmesg -should- show
> the following, as 2.6.27.1 does, but does not:
>
> appletouch: Geyser mode initialized.
> input: appletouch as /class/input/input4
> usbcore: registered new interface driver appletouch
> appletouch: 17" model detected
>
> On the current tree, occasionally all I get is:
>
> usbcore: registered new interface driver appletouch
>
> It's unfortunately a touchy issue, as it only -occasionally- happens.
> A bisection will be a pain in the butt, but I'm starting it right now
> anyway.

Hmm, strange...

I didn't change anything in the initialization routines. But I will take a look
into the changes, if something is missing or wrong...

Regards
Sven
--
Sven Anders <anders@xxxxxxxxxx> () Ascii Ribbon Campaign
/\ Support plain text e-mail

Rechtsform: Aktiengesellschaft - Sitz: Passau - Amtsgericht Passau HRB 6032
Mitglieder des Vorstands: Sven Anders, Marcus Junker
Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrats: Mark Peters
begin:vcard
fn:Sven Anders
n:Anders;Sven
org:ANDURAS AG;Research and Development
adr;quoted-printable:;;Innstra=C3=9Fe 71;Passau;Bavaria;94036;Germany
email;internet:anders@xxxxxxxxxx
title:Dipl. Inf.
tel;work:++49 (0)851 / 490 50 -0
tel;fax:++49 (0)851 / 590 50 - 55