Re: SMACK netfilter smacklabel socket match

From: Casey Schaufler
Date: Fri Oct 17 2008 - 13:53:53 EST

Tilman Baumann wrote:
Hi Casey,

the last weeks I tried to come up with some way to circumvent my problems by aimlessly poking around in the code. Did not work though. Not yet at least. :)
Maybe it makes more sense for me to wait until you have a solution.
My whole project is stalled right now because of this and I'm not sure what next.
Do you plan to change something there soon? If so I would stop wasting my time with hopeless attempts.

My problem is at the moment that I don't really know what to do. If you can give some aim I would be glad if I could do something.

Well, the good news is that I have a change under test that will address
your needs, allowing a host or set of hosts to be generally accessible
from the Smack system. The bad news is that it uses a set of netlabel
apis that are not going to get released in favor of a redesigned set of
apis which are not available yet. The good news is that those apis will
handle Smack's needs just fine, but again the bad news is that I don't
have them to use yet.

If you're up to trying out something that you know is going to get
rewhacked before it goes in anywhere let me know.