Re: [GIT]: Networking

From: Ingo Molnar
Date: Fri Oct 17 2008 - 09:36:30 EST

* Patrick McHardy <kaber@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Pablo Neira Ayuso wrote:

>>> build still fails with the attached config.
>>
>> This should fix it. I have slightly tested it here with your config.
>>

> Applied, thanks Pablo.
>
> I'll look into cleaning up those conditional includes. Its getting
> more and more complicated to even build-test all the combinations.

yeah - very often build errors in rare .config scenarios are canaries
for structural problems.

(We had such a situation in the x86 code recently: we had those quirky
x86 subarchitectures, and they were a constant source of build errors
that no real user actually cared about - because there were no active
users left. We modularized them into the main platform and we havent had
a single build bug in them in the last couple of months.)

Ingo