Re: linux-next: Tree for October 17

From: Vegard Nossum
Date: Fri Oct 17 2008 - 05:30:22 EST

On Fri, Oct 17, 2008 at 10:40 AM, Stephen Rothwell <sfr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Today's tree will not build for powerpc allyesconfig (libc aborts the
> link due to a free() problem), sparc(32) defconfig and probably some
> other configurations.

Hi, I ran into this with slightly modified fedora config:

CC net/9p/protocol.o
net/9p/protocol.c: In function 'p9pdu_finalize':
net/9p/protocol.c:545: error: 'p9_debug_level' undeclared (first use
in this function)
net/9p/protocol.c:545: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
net/9p/protocol.c:545: error: for each function it appears in.)
net/9p/protocol.c:545: error: 'P9_DEBUG_PKT' undeclared (first use in
this function)
make[2]: *** [net/9p/protocol.o] Error 1
make[1]: *** [net/9p] Error 2
make: *** [net] Error 2

...and couldn't find it in the automatic build test results either. 9P
maintainers Cced.

Vegard

--
"The animistic metaphor of the bug that maliciously sneaked in while
the programmer was not looking is intellectually dishonest as it