Re: [patch] gpiolib: fix oops in gpio_get_value_cansleep()

From: David Brownell
Date: Thu Oct 16 2008 - 20:44:46 EST

On Thursday 16 October 2008, Andrew Morton wrote:
> > From: David Brownell <dbrownell@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> >
> > We can get the following oops from gpio_get_value_cansleep()
> > when a GPIO controller doesn't provide a get() callback:
>
> We can, but do we? ;)

I think it's unlikely without the sysfs interface.

> iow: is this needed in any -stable release?

The bug has been there since 2.6.25 but nobody else seems
to have reported it. Is the general policy to fix all
oopses that *could* appear? I'd send it for 2.6.27-stable,
since that's got the sysfs hooks. And older kernels if
bug likelihood isn't a major concern.

- Dave