Re: elantech driver status

From: Arjan Opmeer
Date: Thu Oct 16 2008 - 15:49:19 EST

Hi Joseph,

On Thu, Oct 16, 2008 at 02:25:18PM -0500, Joseph Pingenot wrote:
> I was wondering what the status of the elantech touchpad driver is.
> Particularly, when we can expect it'll be incorporated into the main tree.

Just today Dmitry Torokhov, the Linux input system maintainer, mailed me
about how he was looking into that. To quote:

"I am attaching the version of Elantech driver that I want to apply (there
were some tiny changes)..."

where applying means adding it to his input system source tree ready to be
sent on to Linus. So despair not, things are still moving forward! :)

> What's keeping it from being in 2.6.28?

Now that the driver is cleaned up, not much anymore :)

Arjan