Re: 2.6.27: 0 MHz CPU and wrong system time on AMD Geode system

From: Jordan Crouse
Date: Thu Oct 16 2008 - 10:38:22 EST

On 16/10/08 15:31 +0400, Dmitry Antipov wrote:
> Jordan Crouse wrote:
>
> > Hmmm - this is an interesting regression. Please remove
> > CONFIG_GEODE_MFGPT_TIMER=y from your 2.6.27 kernel and see if the
> > problem goes away.
>
> Unfortunately it doesn't help.

Okay - that has been the reason for breakage in the past, so you can't
blame me for trying. :)

Could you try a 2.6.26 kernel? That will confirm that this is a new
addition to 2.6.27.

> > I have been running 2.6.26.5 on my system with no problems, but I'm
> > embarrassed to admit that I haven't run anything newer in a while.
>
> What system do you have?

I have a wide variety of platforms available. The good (or bad?) thing
about Geode is that the hardware generally looks the same, give or take
a superIO here and there. If this is really a problem with the PIT or
TSC, then it should break easily.

Jordan

--
Jordan Crouse