Re: [patch v1.2.34] WAN: merge driver retina

From: Jeff Garzik
Date: Thu Oct 16 2008 - 05:34:33 EST

Matti Linnanvuori wrote:
2008/9/14 Jeff Garzik <jgarzik@xxxxxxxxx>:
Changes look good, but do not apply to the 'retina' branch. Also, the
virt_to_bus/virt_to_phys stuff should be replaced with DMA mapping API
usage.

Actually there is one call of virt_to_phys in the patch I sent.
I don't know any way to replace virt_to_phys and still use remap_pfn_range.
If all architectures support virt_to_phys, I see no reason to replace it with
something else. The driver is legacy.

We do not merge new drivers that use deprecated APIs.

The whole point of a deprecated API is that you wish to remove it eventually.

Jeff