Re: sparc64 allmodconfig build failure...

From: Sven Wegener
Date: Wed Oct 15 2008 - 18:06:19 EST

On Tue, 14 Oct 2008, David Miller wrote:

> From: Sven Wegener <sven.wegener@xxxxxxxxxxx>
> Date: Tue, 14 Oct 2008 23:08:17 +0200 (CEST)
>
> > Yeah, with the default governor being any of supported governors, we
> > either need some ugly #ifdef mess to only export the governor that
> > is selected or just revert to the old code, which unconditionally
> > exports all governors. Or something like the patch below. With the
> > additional modules that I oversaw and that require the export, I'm
> > fine with just reverting the commit, although I think that
> > encapsulating the default governor decision in a built-in function
> > is cleaner than having modules reference different symbols depending
> > on configuration.
>
> Personally I prefer the revert.

Fine with me. Dave J. or Linus, please revert
c4d14bc0bb5d13e316890651ae4518b764c3344c, because it breaks allmodconfig
as reported by David Miller on architectures that have cpufreq code that
can be build as a module. All ways to only export the default governor are
a ifdef mess and ugly, let's just revert the commit.

Thanks,
Sven