[patch 0/2] vdso support for s390

From: Martin Schwidefsky
Date: Wed Oct 15 2008 - 13:58:29 EST

Greetings,
the two patches in this series add a vdso to s390 for three system calls:
1) gettimeofday
2) clock_getres for CLOCK_REALTIME and CLOCK_MONOTONIC
3) clock_gettime for CLOCK_REALTIME and CLOCK_MONOTONIC
The vdso code for gettimeofday is about 4-5 times faster than the system
call. Similar results for clock_gettime.

The first of the two patches changes the arch_setup_additional_pages
function. The second argument is unused and can be removed. For the
s390 vdso I want to know if the elf executable is dynamically linked
or not. Only if an interpreter is used the vdso is mapped. This adds
a second argument to arch_setup_additional_pages again but with a
different semantic.

--
blue skies,
Martin.