Re: [GIT] HID patches for 2.6.28

From: Linus Torvalds
Date: Tue Oct 14 2008 - 15:42:00 EST

On Tue, 14 Oct 2008, Jiri Kosina wrote:

> could you please pull from 'for-linus' branch of
>
> git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/jikos/hid.git for-linus
>
> to receive 2.6.28 patches for the HID (the HIDeously slow devices, you
> know) code.

This is really HIDeous. Disgusting.

The new Kconfig options are almost uselessly described, and very annoying
and this adds several new warnings of the type:

drivers/hid/hid-lg.c:342: warning: ʽhid_compat_logitechʼ defined but not used

which is just unacceptable.

I have an entirely warningless build. I'm not going to break that over
something like this. Not pulled. Please fix.

As to the Kconfig options - do they really add so much space that you need
to ask for the quirks? You didn't use to. Can you make the questions
depend on EMBEDDED, or at least on the HID_COMPAT thing or whatever?

Linus