Re: [PROBLEM] hard-lock with kmemtrace, relayfs, and splice

From: Pekka Enberg
Date: Tue Oct 14 2008 - 01:17:45 EST

Hi Tom,

Tom Zanussi wrote:
To me, that sounds like how it should work - if kmemtrace is disabled,
it shouldn't be logging anything, and that's in fact what I saw when
debugging this - it started out disabled and therefore nothing being
logged to relay (printks confirmed that). When I wrote 1 to the enabled
file, data started getting logged to relay and to the *.out files.

So I don't know why the enabled state behaves the way it does, or if
it's unexpected, but that anyway doesn't seem like a relay problem to
me.

Oh, right. Looking at kmemtraced.c, we never enable kmemtrace, just disable it (which doesn't make much sense). Bug in README or the code. Eduard?

Btw, Tom, you can add my

Tested-by: Pekka Enberg <penberg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

to your patch if you want. Are you going to send it to Andrew or do you want me to pick it up with rest of the kmemtrace patches?

Pekka