Re: acpi-test tree on eeepc: EC error message on second resume

From: Alexey Starikovskiy
Date: Sat Oct 11 2008 - 15:39:00 EST

Rafael J. Wysocki wrote:
No, we discussed this before -- we are outside of the transaction, thus no GPE
activity could interfere with ec_check_ibf0.

Ok, this is in the process context and we don't really expect to get an
interrupt at this point, but what happens if the EC generates an event that's
not related to any transiaction. Is that guaranteed to never happen?
Interrupt handler in this case can't cause a change to status register, thus our read of it will not be affected by interrupt.

Thanks,
Rafael