Re: [git pull, take 2] x86 updates for v2.6.28, phase #2 - PATupdates

From: Ingo Molnar
Date: Fri Oct 10 2008 - 14:17:37 EST

* Ingo Molnar <mingo@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> i merged your latest tree to tip/x86/pat and compared that to pat2,
> and the difference is zero:
>
> earth4:~/tip> git diff x86/pat x86/pat2
> earth4:~/tip>
>
> which is the expected result.

Note: one detail i just noticed, x86/pat grew a new commit today, to fix
a bug that affected Xen:

b27a43c: x86, cpa: make the kernel physical mapping initialization a two pass se

this is in pat2 (and hence included in the pull request as well), but
was not included in my first phase2 pull request ~17 hours ago.

So if you diffed old phase2 against new phase2 that commit might stick
out as a weird delta.

Ingo