Re: FRV/ARM unaligned access question

From: David Howells
Date: Thu Oct 09 2008 - 07:35:59 EST

Harvey Harrison <harvey.harrison@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Probably smaller as now the le values aren't being byteswapped anymore,
> only the native endianess can use the struct version. Care to look at
> the kernel size with the following instead?

For some unknown reason, the data segment shrank by four bytes. The text
segment stayed the same though:

warthog>size vmlinux
text data bss dec hex filename
2207804 66584 150189 2424577 24ff01 vmlinux

I would guess that in that kernel almost nothing uses LE unalignment.

The kernel works, so feel free to add my Acked-by to the patch.

David