Re: 2.6.27-rc8+ - first impressions

From: Parag Warudkar
Date: Tue Oct 07 2008 - 08:08:00 EST

On Tue, Oct 7, 2008 at 7:37 AM, Dmitry Torokhov
<dmitry.torokhov@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hmm, that unfortunately does not work because I have SB4X0 revision 0x11
> and the patch cuts off everything below 0x82. Is there anything that can
> be done to enable HPET on early revisions?

Later BIOS revisions for the 6115 "enable Vista support" which
actually means HPET is properly enabled in BIOS for Vista to work.
(i.e. there won't be a need to force enable it with later BIOS versions.)

Any reason you could not try the BIOS upgrade I pointed out earlier?

Parag