Re: SMACK netfilter smacklabel socket match

From: Ahmed S. Darwish
Date: Mon Oct 06 2008 - 19:06:08 EST

Hi Tilman,

On Mon, Oct 6, 2008 at 2:57 PM, Tilman Baumann
<tilman.baumann@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> If I set /smack/nltype to 'unlabeled' I have effectively shut off the
> network.
> This might work well in trusted networks.
> But Internet is untrusted and needs to work too. At least in the most real
> world scenarios. :)
>
> If i set /smack/nltype to 'unlabled' i don't even get SYN packets out.
> (operation not permitted)
>
> That's probably a bug, but I think the "fix" is to disable the ability to
> set the nltype to anything other than CIPSO at least for the time being.

Check this patch:
http://article.gmane.org/gmane.linux.network/95294/match=

As far as I can remember, it does exactly what you're asking for.
There have been some arguments against it, but at least you can get
the idea and _try_ to discuss/enhance it further.

Regards

--
Ahmed S. Darwish
Homepage: http://darwish.07.googlepages.com