Re: exception Emask 0x0 SAct 0x1 / SErr 0x0 action 0x2 frozen

From: Justin Piszcz
Date: Wed Oct 01 2008 - 04:06:25 EST

On Tue, 30 Sep 2008, Mr. James W. Laferriere wrote:

Hello Justin ,

Justin.
I take it you've tried differant drive manufacturers ?
It happens across 12-14 velociraptors.

Or even a differant drive of same manuf. ?
It also occurs (I have seen it) on WD 750GiB drives on a different motherboard
and chipset (P35).

Seeing as you've moved this same drive(?) across several chipsets & possibly mother boards , Leads me to beleive that the difficulty is either with the driver or the drive (if it is always the same drive or drive model)
Other people have the same problem with Seagate and / other drives.
This also occurs on Raptor 150s.

Justin.