Re: How how latent should non-preemptive scheduling be?

From: Sitsofe Wheeler
Date: Tue Sep 23 2008 - 15:40:20 EST

Sitsofe Wheeler wrote:
I've been struggling to boot -tip/master - currently it blows up just after printing SLUB information saying:

BUG: unable to handle kernel NULL pointer dereference at 00000004
IP: [<c0120078>] account_system_time+0x48/0x120
*pde = 00000000
Thread overran stack, or stack corrupted
Oops: 0002 [#1] PREEMPT

OK this BUG seems to have gone away in the past few hours.

Ingo when you were asking for the ftrace report I presume that would be for a non preempt kernel (as a preemptive one only showed a very worst latency of 19657 us in one exceptional case)?

--
Sitsofe | http://sucs.org/~sits/