Re: Documentation on CFQ iosched parameters

From: Aaron Carroll
Date: Mon Sep 22 2008 - 23:15:45 EST

Martin Steigerwald wrote:
Hi!

I am searching documentation about CFQ io scheduler. I can't find it in linux 2.6.26 Documentation directory.

I found about these in german[1]:

back_seek_max:16384
back_seek_penalty:2
fifo_expire_async:250
fifo_expire_sync:123
quantum:4

But I am completely missing about these:

slice_async:40

Base length of an asynchronous queue timeslice (that is, how long the
queue has to dispatch requests each round). The actual timeslice
length is scaled by the I/O priority.

slice_async_rq:2

The base number of requests per round for asynchronous queues. Like
slice_async, the actual maximum is a function of slice_async_rq and I/O
priority.

slice_idle:6

How long to wait for processes to produce more I/O before switching
queues. This is for anticipation of sequential I/O, and more even disk
time distribution for processes doing back to back synchronous I/Os.

slice_sync:100

Same as slice_async, but for synchronous requests.