Re: diet-kconfig: a script to trim unneeded kconfigs

From: Giacomo A. Catenazzi
Date: Mon Sep 22 2008 - 09:39:28 EST

Takashi Iwai wrote:
At Fri, 19 Sep 2008 16:55:51 -0700,
Chris Li wrote:

I avoid arch/ and firmware/ because it is nasty. I figure module in
arch/ is small enough I don't mind building it. And the firmware directory,
if I don't build the module loads it. Those firmware will automatically skipped
any way.

Agreed.

The little tricky part is some thing like this:
========================
ifeq ($(CONFIG_BLK_DEV_CMD640), m)
obj-m += cmd640.o
endif
========================
Internally it get convert it into:
"obj-$(CONFIG_BLK_DEV_CMD640) += cmd640.o"

Are you sure?
I.e. if you set CONFIG_BLK_DEV_CMD640=y, you see that
the two constructs gives different results.

If the makefile author did such complex construct, I
really think there is a reason ;-)

ciao
cate

This should be fixed in Makefile.