Re: Keyboard Jammed error patch 2.4.35-pre4

From: Willy Tarreau
Date: Sun Sep 21 2008 - 10:41:16 EST

Hello David,

first, please always take care of keeping persons in CC when replying to
LKML, otherwise you risk your mail being missed.

On Sun, Sep 21, 2008 at 06:00:50AM -0700, David W Studeman wrote:
> Ok, I finally applied the patch manually to 2.4.36.7 and then made my own
> diff from that. Your patch would likely have applied if I increased the
> fuzz factor as it was merely off by a number of lines. When trying to
> compile with no keyboard or VT support, I still get this error:
>
> arch/i386/kernel/kernel.o(.text.init+0x33e6): In function
> `disable_console_keyboard':
> : undefined reference to `keyboard_controller_present'
> make: *** [vmlinux] Error 1

I know what causes this. The fix is merged into 2.4.37-rc1. I've been
using it for a long time without even noticing that it was still not
merged. The fix is trivial as it simply removes the disable_console_keyboard
function when CONFIG_VT is not set. This is needed because the variable
keyboard_controller_present is only defined when CONFIG_VT is set.

Here's the patch if it can help you.

Also, next time you encounter problems, please post your config. It's
very hard to troubleshoot build bugs without a config. I would have
immediately spotted this missing patch on the first time had I got
that config.

Regards,
Willy

----