Re: [19.666764] Disabling IRQ #23

From: Justin Mattock
Date: Fri Sep 19 2008 - 17:21:19 EST

On Fri, Sep 19, 2008 at 2:18 PM, Justin Mattock <justinmattock@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Fri, Sep 19, 2008 at 10:05 AM, Alan Stern <stern@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> On Fri, 19 Sep 2008, Justin Mattock wrote:
>>
>>> The disable irq #23 message.
>>>
>>> As for the HC died; cleaning up
>>> (where did you see that, can't seem to find that?)
>>
>> It's in your original message:
>>
>> http://marc.info/?l=linux-kernel&m=122107367715361&w=2
>>
>> The line with timestamp 16.068174.
>>
>> Alan Stern
>>

> ahh there it is...
> I've been so focused on making sure
> uvcvideo is loading everything properly, I forgot to
> see what happens when I load everything without
> any of the uvcvideo stuff.
>

> --
> Justin P. Mattock

Hmm, I know you said none of the userspace
apps should cause this.
I not sure but, I might
be having a clash between udev and hal
(not a clean install of isight-firmware-tools);
when installing these items using the udev approach
I noticed some files still remaining(below is the path)
/usr/local/share/hal/fdi/preprobe/20thirdparty/50-isight-firmware.fdi
when removing this file the system runs without any issues with the
udev approach,
as soon as I add this file:
disable irq #23 appears.(but not all the time).

--
Justin P. Mattock