Re: how to change priority of telnet session

From: gshan
Date: Wed Sep 17 2008 - 01:39:51 EST

1) That's not a kernel issue, that's a userspace configuration issue, probably
best asked on a mailing list for administration of whatever distribution of
Linux you're using.
I think so, but I don't know what's the mail alias. I finally solved
the problem already: "nice" option could be used in telnetd config
file to increase its priority.
2) There's a fairly high likelyhood that your real problem isn't that telnet's
priority is too low, because telnet is a fairly lightweight process and *should*
behave fairly well unless there's major system tuning issues - and if that's
the case, there's probably *better* ways to fix the problem. What problem are
you trying to solve by changing telnet's priority?
Sorry, I should have described the issue I have clearly enough: I
want to change priority of telnetd instead of telnet. The telnetd session
is now started by xinetd with config file /etc/xinetd.d/telnet.