Re: motherboard recommendations?

From: Robert Hancock
Date: Tue Sep 16 2008 - 20:09:37 EST

Jacek Poplawski wrote:
Could you recommend motherboard which works perfecly stable with Linux?
Last time I bought Asus K8V-X SE which was huge mistake - it has
serious problems with AGP in Linux.

Now I think about Intel chipset - P35 or P45.
I want Asus, Gigabyte or MSI board with heat pipe.
But I found another issue with audio and network drivers for Asus
boards, so maybe I will skip Asus this time?

I'd say that's generalizing an awful lot..

Which motherboard works stable for you?

Probably not the best list for that question. These days it's fairly unusual to have motherboard-related problems with Linux unless it's something very new that hasn't been tested much yet.

The VIA AGP chipsets were just bad all around, not just in Linux..