Re: 2.6.27-rc4-git1: Reported regressions from 2.6.26

From: Al Viro
Date: Mon Sep 15 2008 - 01:31:29 EST

On Thu, Sep 04, 2008 at 12:13:27PM +0200, Jens Axboe wrote:

> > > Completely agreed. Al, I remember talking to you about this at the
> > > storage summit back in february. What are your current plans wrt moving
> > > this forward?
> >
> > Rebased, with nfs parts of fmode_t patch taken out (irrelevant for
> > bdev anyway and really better off in intent-killing queue). Other
> > than that, it's a straight port... Same place, same branch.
>
> So what's your plan with this - 2.6.28?

Yes. The only nastiness is around drivers/ide - there it gets a bunch of
annoying conflicts from the ide-{disk,floppy}_ioctl.c splitoff. Other than
that, it's trivially ported on top of current linux-next. Merge order is
going to be interesting - depending on whether block merge happens before
or after ide one.

I'm going to put linux-next-based series on kernel.org tonight, before
going to Portland...