Re: AGP PAT issue.

From: Rene Herman
Date: Fri Sep 12 2008 - 20:41:44 EST

On 13-09-08 02:26, Pallipadi, Venkatesh wrote:

Haven't been subcribed to any lists recently and someone was talking about "the other thread" before but just noticed that an-rc6 was cut.

Please note that the shutdown issue remains unfixed in it (I'm doing my coalescing changes locally).

here's what is pending in tip/x86/pat for v2.6.28:

Only talking about .27 and just making sure again the issue is known.

The above mentioned subject for the entry cache one ("fix Xorg startup/shutdown slowdown with PAT") after all mistakingly says it does something for shutdown.

Can you try the patch here http://www.ussg.iu.edu/hypermail/linux/kernel/0809.1/2074.html

That should resolve both reserve and free issues..

Not for .27 though.

Rene.