Re: unprivileged mounts git tree

From: Miklos Szeredi
Date: Thu Sep 11 2008 - 11:44:59 EST

On Thu, 11 Sep 2008, Serge E. Hallyn wrote:
> Is it really a problem? The admin can always go ahead and kill the
> user, which already takes care of any mounts in private namespaces,

It's not necessarily against the admin, it could deny service to
another user or a script running as root.

The nasty thing is: an unprivileged user can cause unlink/rmdir to
fail, even when otherwise it would have succeed. It's not a huge
issue: unprivileged fuse mounts have the same effect, and nobody
complained yet. But I think we have to deal with this in some way,
not just leaving it to the admin.

Thanks,
Miklos