3 further range-hrtimer patches

From: Arjan van de Ven
Date: Wed Sep 10 2008 - 23:30:47 EST

Hi,

as reply to this email I have 3 further patches for the range-hrtimer
patchkit:

Patch 1 and 2 change the futex and nanosleep code to also use
range-hrtimers with the per process slack

Patch 3 adds a "peek-a-timer" capability; this is used from the cpuidle
loop to run any soft-expired timers just before looking at how long
we'll be idle (for determining the C-state etc); that way we'll have a
longer idle period.

I'll add these patches to the git tree in a day or two, adjusted for
comments based on this posting

visit http://www.lesswatts.org