Re: [GIT PULL] kmemcheck updates for tip/kmemcheck

From: Ingo Molnar
Date: Mon Sep 08 2008 - 11:18:22 EST

* Vegard Nossum <vegard.nossum@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Ingo,
>
> Here follows a small update to the REP instruction handling and
> removal of some obsolete code (if you worry that this is useful code,
> git will save it for us and it can be revived if needed. I believe
> that the code is simply a burden as it is today).

pulled into tip/kmemcheck, thanks Vegard!

> I couldn't figure out how to merge v2.6.27-rc5 without littering the
> pull request with all the commits that were made in Linus's repository
> since v2.6.27-rc3, but feel free to do it yourself. There should be no
> conflicts.

yeah, merges should generally be done in the upstream repo. Obviously
git-request-pull must list all the commits that happened - it doesnt
know which commits are 'interesting' or not. I've done an upstream
merge.

btw., a small build fix (see below) was needed.

Ingo