Lenovo 3000 N100 i8042 problems

From: Daniel Barkalow
Date: Mon Sep 01 2008 - 17:46:55 EST

In 2.6.25.10, I'm finding that my i8042 seems to die after a while. In the
middle of using the keyboard and mouse, generally before some key release
is handled, it stops taking any input.

This seems to be due to 2a2dcd65e232eafd9fb6da1250f83adb57787b42; it works
fine with that reverted. Perhaps that quirk is being applied too widely?
Perhaps the workaround doesn't actually work on my computer? I couldn't
find the bug report that led to that patch, so I'm not sure if I've been
having whatever problem it was for all along and I never noticed, or if my
3000 N100 is just different (Lenovo seems to have given a
specific-sounding number to some very different hardware).

-Daniel
*This .sig left intentionally blank*