Re: 2.6.{26.2,27-rc} oops on virtualbox

From: Gerhard Brauer
Date: Tue Aug 26 2008 - 20:13:36 EST

On Tue, Aug 26, 2008 at 05:35:59PM -0400, Mathieu Desnoyers wrote:
> * Gerhard Brauer (gerhard.brauer@xxxxxx) wrote:
>
> First patch to test :
>
> x86 alternative text_poke move sync_core

With this got the oops again when compiling in guest. Reboot afterwards
leads to the early oops.

> Second patch to apply on top of the first one :
>
> x86 alternative text_poke add wbinvd

With second patch i get the early oops after "freeing smp". Seems no way
to get the guest bootet normaly (ony with replace-paravirt).

So the changes from the other mail took more effect IMHO.
I could test more tomorrow if you have more ideas.

> Mathieu

Gerhard